Arctic Cooling, now known as Arctic, have released a exclusive model of their Freezer 33 air cooler for the Threadripper line of CPUs. The new model is called Freezer 33 TR.
The Freezer 33 TR is basically a modified version of the original, tweaked for compatibility with AMD’s Threadripper CPUs. It comes with one PWM controlled BioniX F120 fan with a range of 200 to 1800 RPM, with a 3 phase motor for silent operation.
The heatsink is mostly the same but the base has been expanded to to fit over the massive Threadripper CPUs. The heatsink itself has 4 copper heat pipes arranged off center for optimal heat dissipation. Speaking of which, the Freezer 33 TR is rated upto 180 TDP, which makes it an excellent budget choice for cooling Threadripper CPUs.
Main Features Freezer 33 Series
- Offset heat pipes ensure optimal heat dissipation
- Improved fan controller made in Germany
- Anti-vibration rubbers for quiet operation
- Installation in all four directions possible
- Transport-proof mounting with backplate
- MX-4 thermal paste included
The Freezer 33 TR is available in red and white accented versions for 47.99 Euros according to the Arctic website.