Anthem the most anticipated upcoming online multiplayer game developed by BIOWARE and published by EA have now announced that Anthem Demo is now public and available for everyone. Player will start as fully geared level-10 to get the best possible experience in the game with a fully equipped javelin however you can also unlock second javelin of your choice and you can also personalize your javelins. The open demo will run until February 3rd so go ahead and get your hands on the public demo before the time runs out.
How to Access Public Beta?
Just head to your official store which is (Origin) on PC of course, (PS4/XBOX Stores) for console users and simply browse and search Anthem and click-download it will be automatically added in your library.
The final version will be more polished (hopefully) here is the full list of changes and improvements and tweaks that will be coming in full build.
Keyboard and Mouse
The build is a little old now and unfortunately some changes were made that arent available in the Demo
- Mouse acceleration should be off for aiming – we can double check this is true in the latest build
- You should have your 1:1 mouse input
- Input lag – we fixed an input lag issue that was often described as aiming being “floaty”
- Flight – We made some adjustments to flight so its easier to control
- Part of flight with a mouse will be the fixes we made
- Part of it will be getting the right sensitivity for you
- Part of it will be practice – It takes a little more time to get used to than the other parts of the game, mostpeople get used to it after a couple of hours once they have all the items above. There are also tricks to it like being much smoother in your actions than when aiming (ie smooth vs snap aim) as well as learning to enter hover to recenter yourself
- Agree that swimming needs work still. We have some improvements in the latest build but we will need to put some more time into this
- One tip is to use the arrow keys if you get yourself stuck, this is not a “real” solution but it has helped some people who have a tough time with it. Being very smooth with your mouse movements helps a lot here?
Menu / UI
There is room for improvement here
- Clicking directly onto items instead of needing to focus the list first — ” should just be able to click into the options once they are highlighted. ”
- This is good feedback and we will look into it
- Menu keybindings for changing tabs – Although i agree, given you can just click with the mouse I think this is a lower priority than other improvements we could make so probably isn’t something we would prioritize in the short term
- Hold to activate – I understand your perspective here but is holding it really very different than clicking it and being asked to confirm via a prompt? Will likely see if this is a problem in launch
- Will investigate rotate speed with mouse
- scroll wheel – I would suggest clicking but agree this is a little confusing, will look into it
FOV Slider – To be honest i cant recall why this isnt an option we have so i will find out
Motion Blur – If you turn the setting off and post processing off then im told its turned off, we can look into this a bit more
UI suggesting DPAD buttons – this is a bug, it should show you whatever your equivalent key bindings are (e.g. to drop a relic, push “.”)
Sounds clipping each other – this isnt a PC specific problem?
Percentages for settings – agree but you set them once and probably never go there again so its likely not going to be at the top of the priority list
Text chat is something we will continue to monitor – there is VOIP to help explain things to team mates and we have some other ideas to help with this post launch (“Follow Me”, “Group Up”, etc)
We have done performance improvements since the Demo but i dont have a good way to quantify that for you… its something we will continue to work on improving